I have friends and family who are adamant about never using public restrooms if they can help it, and I’ve never really understood why until now.
For the most part, I’ve been lucky enough to find fairly clean bathrooms wherever I happen to be. While I’ve definitely come across gross surprises left in unflushed toilets before, none of it comes close to the horrors others have discovered upon entering these rooms.
Whether they’re located in people’s homes or out in public, it’s probably best to avoid these 20 bathrooms because of the oddities, gross objects, and creepiness they hold.
1. In February 2016, park rangers at the at Yarra Bend Park in Melbourne, Australia, were greeted by the sight of a possum nestled inside a toilet paper dispenser in a restroom. They were able to safely remove and relocate the little guy to a box attached to a tree.
2. Somebody was having a little too much fun in a public restroom. Yep, that’s a vibrator.
3. “Peephole into the bathroom found during renovations. Hinged panel covering holes cut into 2-way mirror.”
<div class="llcust" data-lltype="media" id="ll_597fe3370c10b" data-source="
4. Talk about a design fail!
<div class="llcust" data-lltype="media" id="ll_597fe3370c2d8" data-source="
5. This is why roommates are the absolute worst.
<div class="llcust" data-lltype="media" id="ll_597fe3370c4a4" data-source="